Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Moment of Bliss

Around 6:30 this morning, I was awoken by the usual lick across the face.  No, not from Chad, but from my Rottie/Lab Bare.  Time for his morning stroll.  After we came back in, I let him - or he told me - that he was gonna lay down on the bed with me and Chad.  This is all good since we slept most of the night and I knew that he wouldn't stay there long as he likes to be a little rambuncsous early in the morning.

What I did get though, was about a half hour of bliss.  That one little moment in time when everything seemed to be perfect in the world.  Just before the reality of life hits, when all seems perfect.  Here I was, laying in bed with my three boys.  Percy (the smallest doggie) curled up behind my knees;  Bare was being my little spoon; and Chad...laying across from me with his cute little face (I love the way his mouth is open a little when he sleeps).  For as long as I could hold it - perfection was mine.  Quite in the house with only the noise of a few cars on the street and a slight chill in the air.  Loved it.

Then....Bare yawns, Percy moves and Chad lets out a little discontent from the noise and it's back to reality.  Oh well, it'll happen again.  That's why I like the early mornings.  I get my cocoa, do a little reading and praying, and find my one, little, hopeful, moment of bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment